Some other information about Second Life to ponder according to a Wall Street Journal story:
* A large percentage of online game players said their virtual friends are equal to or better than their real friends.
* More than a quarter of them said the emotional highlight of the past week happened in a computer world.
* A typical game player spends 20 to 40 hours a week in a virtual world.
* Studies suggest that, on a neurological level, players don't distinguish between real life and virtual relationships. If you get dumped by your virtual lover, it appears to hurt just as bad.
* Addiction to interactive fantasy role-playing games is under study by the American Medical Association.