Sunday, September 2, 2007

SL - An Addiction?

I have come to the conclusion that many people on Second Life are addicted... I think it's kind-of like an addiction to dating or going out... Except you're home on your computer, and you probably don' really date or go out. Hmmm. Creepy.

When I talk to people about my class, most people are confused. How and Why, they want to know. That's easy. Then they tell me it's something people get addicted to and can't get off of. They talk about people being holed up in their room for hours on end, pretending to socialize.

I still like the idea of Second Life, but every time I get on it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. I keep hearing my mom's voice in my head "get off the computer... and go outside and play!" Sure, that was 5 years ago, but still... I have plenty of friends. I don't want/need friends on Second Life.

This should motivate me to figure out how other people will see it and how to draw them in... hook line and sinker.

No comments: